14 December, 2009

TT american cargo rail chassis - photoetched

After a longer break, I have finally in my hand the first testing batch of photo-etched parts for north american rail cargo chassis. I will use for the intermodal container carriages.


The first container carriages will be probably Gunderson MAXI Stack I or IV, eventually III.

The scale is TT (1:120). The price of the 2x single chassis, including 4 high quality metal gear assembly, could be estimated at around CZK 278 or $17 or €11.























The wheels are turned metal, one side isolated, with a diameter of 7.7mm (equiv. to real 920mm).










1 comment:

MacG said...

Very interesting! We need american bogies. Only the springs are too small. I build also in american TT. See at TTnut.com.

Greetings from Dresden.
MacG

 
TOPlist